[hobbit] Please comment my test Hobbit server info

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Sep 1 07:53:41 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 03:22:05PM -0500, T.J. Yang wrote:
> Currently most of hosts are ping test only.
> I can put more hosts on this hobbit server.
> 822 hosts is taking 42 seconds.
>
> Answer I don't know is how many more hosts it can handle ?

A lot. Network tests are one thing; you can tweak the hobbitping or
fping options to speed them up, and/or play with the concurrency and
timeout settings for the bbtest-net tool. Which of these you use
depends on your mix of tests.

> How can I find what hosts are causing DNS lookup failures ?

See the  bbtest-net man-page:

       --dnslog=FILENAME
              Log failed hostname lookups to the file FILENAME.
	      FILENAME should be a full pathname.