msgs Test made on client Systems Problems (H 4.2.0)

stefan.freisler at aspect-online.de stefan.freisler at aspect-online.de
Thu Oct 19 11:32:11 CEST 2006

Hi,
Every 5 minutes I see the same error in my hobbitclient.log file:

2006-10-19 10:51:44 Failed to get a message, terminating
2006-10-19 10:56:47 Failed to get a message, terminating
2006-10-19 11:01:51 Failed to get a message, terminating
2006-10-19 11:06:54 Failed to get a message, terminating

My Problem is that msgs test is in Clear mode and i can nothing do to
change this (i can't add msgs tests on my client mashine)

We actually port Big Brother to Hobbit but the first Client we port makes
Problems with this test (any else looks fine) and we can't
go on bevore this is fixed, because this test is important for our
produktive systems. This test works on Hobbit-Serversystem very well.

thx a lot
Stefan

What i have done on client mashine:
localclient.cfg added this:
----------------------------------
HOST=mytest.aspect-online.de
        PROC ls3 1 1 red
        PROC caagentd 1 1 red
        PROC smbd 1 1 red
        PROC httpd 1 8 red
        PROC java 1 251 red
        PROC sshd 1 1 red
        PROC syslogd 1 1 red
        PROC crond 1 1 red
        PROC usermin 1 1 yellow
        PROC webmin 1 1 yellow
        PROC bb 1 19 yellow
        PROC postfix 1 1 yellow
        PROC ntpd 1 1 yellow
        LOG /var/log/messages error,fail,panic,NOTICE COLOR=red
%uthentication.failure,PIX,scsi_hostadapter
        LOG /var/log/messages warn,WARN COLOR=yellow
%uthentication.failure,PIX,scsi_hostadapter
        LOG /var/log/boot.log error,fail,panic,NOTICE COLOR=red
        LOG /var/log/boot.log warn,WARN COLOR=yellow
        LOG /var/log/maillog error,fail,panic,NOTICE COLOR=red
%format.error
        LOG /var/log/maillog warn,WARN COLOR=yellow %format.error
        LOG /var/log/cron error,fail,panic,NOTICE COLOR=red
        LOG /var/log/cron warn,WARN COLOR=yellow
client-local.cfg i added this
[mytest.aspect-online.de]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
log:/var/log/boot.log:10240