Packaging Hobbit 4.2.0

Paul Moore paul.moore at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Oct 19 06:12:27 CEST 2006

I've been working for several weeks trying to build a precompiled pkg of
hobbit for solaris and have had varied success.  After a great deal of
troubleshooting I stumbled across a fundamental flaw as best that I can
tell.  It appears that several of the binaries (bb, hobbitd,
hobbit-ghosts.cg to name a few) compiled actually have the local server and
ip as configured in the Makefile rather than calling the hobbitserver.cfg
file for that information.

Is this by design?  And if so, has anybody tried and successfully built a
Solaris pkg?

Paul Moore V966-5159
MSO OSS Support
Pinky, Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
Well, I think so Brain but if Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why does
he keep doing it?