[hobbit] rrdtool from private scripts

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 19:56:11 CEST 2006

On 10/18/06, Rob Munsch <rmunsch at solutionsforprogress.com> wrote:

> ipmitool sensor | grep Temp | awk -F\| '{print $1,$2,$3,$4}' >
> $BBTMP/cputemp.$host
>
> cpu_temp=`tail -n 4 $BBTMP/cputemp.$host |head -n 1 | awk '{print $2}'
> |sed 's/\..*//g'`

Is there a compelling reason not to fold the above into one line:

     temp=`ipmitool sensor | tail -n 4 | head -n 1 | awk '{ print $3 }'`

> # Ok, we have the temp in degrees as an integer.
> # Now to see if it's Very Bad.
>
> if temp > 130
> then

Does this bit work??  I get:

     ./ipmi.sh: line 22: temp: command not found

and an empty file called '130'.  This works for me:

     if [ $temp -gt 130 ]
     then

The simplest way to graph it would be to have the message read something like:

     cpu temp : $temp

then follow the instructions in the "Custom Graphs" entry from the
Help dropdown.  You already have the first part - collecting the data.
 If you use NCV, the above line would go into the RRD as cputemp,
because it takes everything before the colon and strips out spaces to
make the name, then takes the rest of the line as the number.  That
probably a gross over-simplification... :)

Ralph