[hobbit] Adding data to a client

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 02:29:14 CEST 2006

On 10/17/06, Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 11:12:53PM +0200, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 02:31:18PM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> > > I like to use `bb data hostname.serial<newline><the serial number>' to
> > > hobbit server. I do not want a column to be created. Then is it
> > > possible to query the serial number from within hobbit server using
> > > `bb query hostname.serial' just for the serial info?
> >
> > Hobbit doesn't store information received in "data" messages.
>
> Doh ... it does if you enable the [bbdata] task in hobbitlaunch.cfg.
> That gives you the data contents in the ~hobbit/data/data/HOSTNAME
> files.

I were able to send the data using `bb 1.2.3.4 "data
host.serial<newline>123456" where 123456 is the host's serial number.
I ofcourse needed to enable [bbdata] as you suggested. Now is there a
way I can pull the info using a `bb' command. I see the file in
~hobbit/data/data/HOSTNAME.serial in the hobbit server. Also will it
expire after a default time? I like it not to

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu