entries in bb-services

Christian Rehberger c.rehberger at oclcpica.org
Tue Oct 17 07:34:39 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I want to check the cupsd and tomcat with entries in the bb-services
file, but it doesn't works :-(

Who can tell me how the checks works exactly?

For the cupsd I'm using the entry:

[cupsd]
   send "GET /printers\r\n"
   expect "HTTP/0.9 200 OK"
   port 631

The cupsd delivers a wrong answer. What is meant by the send string?
Is it a telnet connection or how can I check the send end expect on
the shell?

The tomcat is best checked with the shell command:

wget http://localhost:8080 | grep "200 OK"

Is there a possibility to put something like that in the bb-services
file?

Thanks a lot

Chris

--