rrd question

Galen Johnson gjohnson at trantor.org
Fri Oct 13 03:11:52 CEST 2006

Hey,

I have the graphing working just fine...however the rrd file is
huge...below is a sample of the status message getting sent to hobbit.

There are 16 terminal users on winserver1.

Of the 16 total users:

    Active Sessions:    2
    Disconnected Sessions:    14
    Group1 Users:    7
    Group2 Users:    9

 USERNAME              SESSIONNAME        ID  STATE   IDLE TIME  LOGON TIME
 user01                                    4  Disc        none
9/18/2006 3:52 PM
 user02                                    1  Disc        none
9/20/2006 3:33 PM
 user03                rdp-tcp#360         6  Active       6:09
9/22/2006 5:11 PM
 user04                                   12  Disc        none
9/26/2006 9:15 AM
 user05                                   14  Disc        none
9/27/2006 10:07 AM
 user06                                   15  Disc        none
9/27/2006 2:52 PM
 user07                                   11  Disc        none
9/27/2006 4:55 PM
 user08                                    9  Disc        none
9/27/2006 5:37 PM
 user09                                   16  Disc        none
9/28/2006 3:49 PM
 user10                rdp-tcp#359         2  Active          .
10/2/2006 10:57 AM
 user11                                    5  Disc        none
10/2/2006 2:56 PM
 user12                                    7  Disc        none
10/6/2006 10:15 AM
 user13                                    8  Disc        none
10/10/2006 9:21 AM
 user14                                    3  Disc        none
10/11/2006 2:51 PM
 user15                                   18  Disc        none
10/11/2006 3:50 PM
 user16                                   17  Disc        none
10/12/2006 1:56 PM

When I looked at the file sizes the termusers.rrd file is huge compared
to the other rrd files for this same system, so I did a dump and looked
at the content...it created a rrd entry for EVERY userXX as
well...broken up in strange ways...regardless...I want it ignore
everything except the 4 items above USERNAME...can I do this with NCV
(which is what I'm currently using) or will it require a separate
script?  I'm going to continue digging into the docs and mailing list
but thought I'd ask while doing so (in case you could save me some time).

=G=

Note, this is hobbit 4.2.0 (unpatched) and the client is BBWin with a
custom script.