building on Mandriva Corporate Server 4

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Nov 21 15:56:13 CET 2006

I finally broke my bb environment, so I'm again trying to get hobbit
working.  I took the srpm provided by Mandriva, replaced the allinone
patch they had from Sep25 with the one from October 3rd, rebuilt the
package, and installed it.  When starting it, I see the following
messages in /var/log/hobbit/hobbitlaunch.log
2006-11-21 08:10:49 hobbitlaunch starting
from /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg
2006-11-21 08:10:49 xfree: Trying to free a NULL pointer

During the build process, I get a lot of errors like:

acklog.c: In function 'do_acklog':
acklog.c:119: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'nldecode' differ in signedness
encoding.c: In function 'base64encode':
encoding.c:31: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'strlen' differ in signedness
encoding.c:34: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'strlen' differ in signedness
encoding.c:50: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'strlen' differ in signedness
encoding.c:60: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'strlen' differ in signedness
encoding.c:75: warning: pointer targets in return differ in signedness
encoding.c: In function 'base64decode':

Any ideas?  I'd really like to get this running, but I've never learned
C.