Problems with custom graphs

Thomas Krieger tom at tom-krieger.de
Mon Nov 20 14:40:49 CET 2006

Hello,

I have a little problem with custom graphs being displayed in the trends page.

My setup:
I use my own script to maintain a rrd file. The rrd file is located in the
data/rrd/<host>/ directory. The rrd database contains the expected values and
this part works fine.
Now I created an entry "sqksec"in hobbitgraph.cfg to display my values in the
trends page as a custom graph and added the graph "sqksec" to the GRAPHS
variable in hobbitserver.cfg.

The problem:
Clicking on the trends column my graph isn't displayed. I verified the
webserver log and did not see hobbitgraph.sh being called with my graph.
Calling hobitgraph.sh directly from the browser with appropriate parameters
the graph is being displayed.

Here are the URLs called:
http://bbtesteu/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=proxy01&SERVICE=trends
My graph will not show up

http://bbtesteu/hobbit-cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=proxy01&service=sqksec&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&first=1&count=1&disp=proxy01&graph=hourly&action=view
My graph shows up as a single picture and all works well.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is or where to look for error messages?
The webserver log does not show any error messages and hobbitsvc.cgi does not
accept debug as parameter.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas