[hobbit] HTTP Test Timeout & Delays -- More Info

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Fri Nov 17 15:34:07 CET 2006

I found a work-around to my problem.

I was monitoring some pages where the security certificate
was internally generated. If I went to those pages manually,
via a browser window, it would give me a security alert
pop-up window saying the security certificate name is invalid
and doesn't match the site. (Which it doesn't because they
are just using a self-generated one in development for testing)

Anyways, I had about 10 boxes that had this problem, and all
10 were getting timeouts at 10 seconds. This resulted in all
the other http tests starting to get random timeouts as well.
Almost as though all the other http tests were waiting on these
10 machines.

After I removed the 10 machines from bb-hosts, everything started
working just fine, and my graphs went down to 0.XX seconds.

Any suggestions on how I can get past this delay caused by the
security alert? What about the reason that a delay in a few boxes
causes all http tests to delay on all other machines?

Thanks....James