[hobbit] WebSphere Monitoring

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Thu Nov 16 23:38:32 CET 2006

Hi Allan,

I tried adding another logfile monitor today,
and I didn't have much success. I put it on
both the client side and server side, but it
never seemed to send any data.

HOST=myhost
     LOG /opt/WebSphere/AppServer3/log/Weblog.out

Put it in the localclient.cfg on the client, and
in the hobbit-clients.cfg on the server.

I was looking for things to monitor in the log file.
Any suggestions for most failing types for Websphere?
What's the script that calls the server status?

Is there something that will give me the server status
for every instance running, or do I have to know
the port numbers and instances?

Thanks...James