[hobbit] Re: Information about Hobbit architecture

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Thu Nov 16 15:59:32 CET 2006

Henrik,

That is an excellent description of the impetus for the design of
Hobbit.  Thank you so much, I read it with much interest.

The 'dumb client' design is very handy in a shared environment, like the
mainframe, where dozens or hundreds of virtual machines can be running
on one box.  We don't want a client that sucks up alot of CPU time when
it wakes up.  Also the performance improvements in the 4.2 release have
dropped the CPU Utilization of the server by at least 80%!

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2007 - Green Bay, WI - May 18-22, 2007