[hobbit] File status information in client-data

Kern, Thomas Thomas.Kern at hq.doe.gov
Tue Nov 14 05:41:35 CET 2006

Now comes the twist in this. Rich and I are building a hobbit client for
a NON-Linux platform, so whatever code that reads hobbit-clients.cfg and
determines the rules, doesn't run on our platform. We have to figure out
how to completely mimic the data flow to the server.

So if a linux server has a hobbit-client.cfg that has a file entry for
/var/log/special and we only care that the file exists, what does the
client-data stream need to contain in the [file:/var/log/special]
section that will signal a hobbit server to mark this as a Yellow
condition? The size and modification date might be other conditions that
people will want to check on our platform.

/Thomas Kern
/301-903-2211