[hobbit] Implementation Assistance - New User

Peter Welter peter.welter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 15:26:27 CET 2006

Hi James,

I guess you are referring to the larrd column where the vmstat output
pops up. Of course you know Hobbit calls this one trends and the
vmstat graph data is delivered like this...

...snip...
[vmstat]
procs                      memory      swap          io     system         cpu
 r  b   swpd   free   buff  cache   si   so    bi    bo   in    cs us sy id wa
 0  0  27344  19528 169928 727420    0    0     2     3    5     4  0  0  3  0
 0  0  27344  19760 169928 727492    0    0     0     6  102    25  0  0 100  0
...snip...

and portions of the output result in the (default vmstat) CPU
Utilization graph (see the hobbitgraph definition file). In this file
you see graphdefinitions for vmstat0 through vmstat9 and then decide
which graph to pop up for your particular host (See bbhosts).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Peter