[hobbit] Hobbit on Solaris Working

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Fri Nov 3 16:10:11 CET 2006

Henrik,

I used the -R option in the Makefile to get it working:

RRDLIBS = -L/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.49/lib -R/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.49/lib
-lrrd -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -lpng

PCRELIBS = -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -lpcre

SSLLIBS = -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto

I also had problems compling LDAP. For that I removed all the
entries in the build/ldap.sh file that tried to source where the
ldap libraries were and I implicitly put it in:

echo "Checking for LDAP ..."

        LDAPLIB="/usr/local/lib"
        LDAPINC="/usr/local/include"
        #
        if test -f $LDAPLIB/liblber.a
        then
                LDAPLBER=-llber
        fi
        if test -f $LDAPLIB/liblber.so
        then
                LDAPLBER=-llber
        fi

Even if I used the --ldapinclude DIRECTORY or
the --ldaplib DIRECTORY when running configure.server
LDAP would still not compile correctly until I just
did the fix action above.

The problem was that it was sourcing the Solaris 9 ldap
version in /usr/lib, /usr/include until I hard coded
it. The Solaris 9 version doesn't have some of the headers
in ldap.h that test-ldap.c needs; you have to either load
the solaris freeware version of openldap or compile it
and install it in /usr/local, then change the ldap.sh file
as above.

Thanks...James