EXT script showing critical in 1 hr when interval 7 days

Shawn Saunders shawn.saunders at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 2 18:18:51 CET 2006

I have created an 'ext' script that is set in the clientlaunch.cfg to
run on an interval of 7 days "INTERVAL 7d"

After it has run, going GREEN as it should, in about 15 minutes it goes
purple, and will go Red shortly thereafter.  But it is not scheduled to
run for 7 days.

I even tried putting an entry on the server-side:
 hobbit-clients.cfg:     sysdb   8d

This to no avail.

What should I do to get it to only have this go red or purple if it
fails on the next time it is run?  It appears that every time the hobbit
client reports, that it views this weekly scheduled event as a failure.

--

Shawn Saunders
MIST Team member

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius-and a lot of courage-to move in the opposite direction.
Albert Einstein