New Install, Problem Compiling with LDAP

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Thu Nov 2 16:21:36 CET 2006

I'm doing a new install and I'm trying
to compile with LDAP and I'm getting
errors.

The build works fine if I don't do ldap.
However, we have ldap servers here, and
I'd like to monitor them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...James

Here's the info:

Solaris 9, -30 patch level
I've used the ldap that comes with Solaris 9
and I've tried it with openldap-2.3.21

I get the same errors:

Checking for LDAP ... (This is with Solaris ldap)
test-ldap.c: In function `main':
test-ldap.c:16: warning: implicit declaration of function `ldap_init'
test-ldap.c:16: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
Found LDAP include files in /usr/include
Found LDAP libraries in /usr/lib

Checking for LDAP ... (This is with openldap-2.3.21
test-ldap.c: In function `main':
test-ldap.c:16: warning: implicit declaration of function `ldap_init'
test-ldap.c:16: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
Found LDAP include files in /usr/local/include
Found LDAP libraries in /usr/local/lib

Here's the error's I get when I compile:

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -D_REENTRANT  -DSunOS -I.
-I/usr/local/src/hobbit-4.2.0/include -I/usr/local/include -o bbtest-net
bbtest-net.o contest.o httptest.o httpresult.o ldaptest.o dns.o dns2.o
../lib/libbbgen.a libcares.a -L/usr/local/lib -lldap  -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
-lssl -lcrypto -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl
ber_free                            ldaptest.o  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/local/lib/liblber-2.3.so.0)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to bbtest-net
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [bbtest-net] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/hobbit-4.2.0/bbnet'
make: *** [bbnet-build] Error 2