Ports data from other platforms

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Wed Nov 1 17:30:43 CET 2006

I want to be able to provide ports data to Hobbit from the mainframe
operating systems.  They do not have and 'standard' Hobbit client nor do
they present the equivalent of 'netstat' in the way that Linux does.

I can reformat the 'netstat' into the Linux way, that's not a problem.
What I would like to know is how to present this data to Hobbit so that
it shows up properly in the ports column (with server based
configuration and optional tracking capabilities).

Is it as simple as sending the data as a 'ports' test or do I need to
create a 'client' package and send it.  If so, is the format the same as
the 'client data' link with just that text data in the message?

Thanks.
--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2007 - Green Bay, WI - May 18-22, 2007