[hobbit] hobbit-alerts.cfg with TIME option

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Nov 1 16:12:54 CET 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 07:43:33AM -0500, Shane Presley wrote:
> For most of our servers, we have a MAIL statement that sends e-mails
> out 24x7 for failures.  But then we have another MAIL statement in the
> same rule that e-mails another group, and that should only happen 7AM
> to 5PM.
>
> My question is, if the failure happens at 3AM, e-mail #1 goes out.  If
> it is still down at 7AM, shouldn't e-mail #2 go out?
>
> Could this be because I've increased my ALERTREPEAT="1440" in
> hobbitserver.cfg?

I think it could be related. I haven't found out exactly what happens,
but it looks like the second e-mail is not being considered until the
repeat-interval for the first e-mail triggers. In other words, after
sending email #1, the rules for email #2 are ignored for 1440 minutes.

Which - obviously - is not what should happen.

Could you try if swapping those two MAIL lines changes anything ? If my
suspicion is right, then it should work if you have the time-restricted
MAIL line first.