[hobbit] URL monitoring

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed May 31 22:21:32 CEST 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 12:57:42PM -0700, Dan Simoes wrote:
> I know that hobbit can monitor URLs, of course.
>
> I have a need to monitor a constantly changing list of URLs, which could
> number in the hundreds or thousands.
>
> Will hobbit scale to this level, or should I instead write something custom
> using wget, which can take a file containing a list of URLs as input?

I'm obviously biased, but I think you'll find Hobbit a lot more
efficient at testing your URL's than any script using wget.

Now, the way Hobbit's URL testing reports results might not be what you
want - it is after all designed to report data to a Hobbit server. I
don't know what you plan to do with all of your test results ... But
I think it should be possible to tweak the network test tool to report
in a format suitable for what you need.