[hobbit] Hobbit client data truncated by server?!

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Tue May 30 06:05:33 CEST 2006

>From src/bb.h in bb18b3:

    #define MAXLINE  8192   /* CHANGED FROM 256 - MAX LINE SIZE */

This definition is used multiple places, including:

   static char msgbuf[MAXLINE];   /* INCOMING MESSAGE BUFFER */

and

   strcat(msgbuf, "\n\n... DATA TRUNCATED ...\n"); /* 25 chars ! */

after discovering that the message length is bigger than MAXLINE+30.

Ralph Mitchell