ALERTS time of day problem

Mike Rowell Mike.Rowell at Rightmove.co.uk
Thu May 25 10:06:53 CEST 2006

Morning All (UK Time)

I've got an issue with the TIME function in hobbit-alerts which is
causing us a few problems.

Hobbit has been running fine and we've starting making finer grained
control on the alerts so that we don't get paged out of hours for stuff
that we don't need to deal with.  Below is the hobbit-alerts entries.
The problem is that last night at 03:30am we were called out for an
alert on the aq service which according to how the alert is setup should
only be paging us between 0900 and 1700 weekdays.  This is on 4.2PRE, we
have newer snapshots running in test but I don't want to upgrade this
platform unless I have to as it is running completely stable except for
this TIME problem.

Any ideas?

Mike Rowell

ALERTS------

PAGE=test

    MAIL=systems FORMAT=PLAIN TIME=W:0900:1800 COLOR=red,yellow STOP

HOST=%^switches.*

    MAIL=systems COLOR=red,yellow REPEAT=1h FORMAT=PLAIN

    MAIL=pager SERVICE=cpu COLOR=RED FORMAT=SMS DURATION>15 REPEAT=1h
TIME=*:0800:2200 STOP

HOST=*

    MAIL=systems SERVICE=mrtg COLOR=red,yellow FORMAT=PLAIN STOP

    MAIL=systems SERVICE=repli,prtdiag FORMAT=PLAIN REPEAT=1h
COLOR=red,yellow STOP

    MAIL=systems COLOR=red,yellow REPEAT=1h FORMAT=PLAIN

    MAIL=pager SERVICE=cpu COLOR=RED FORMAT=SMS DURATION>15 REPEAT=1h
STOP

    MAIL=pager SERVICE=aq COLOR=RED FORMAT=SMS DURATION>5 REPEAT=1h
TIME=W:0900:1700 STOP

    MAIL=pager COLOR=RED FORMAT=SMS DURATION>5 REPEAT=1h