[hobbit] Error Dropping Conn test from hosts

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed May 24 22:40:28 CEST 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 03:27:09PM -0500, Matlock, Chris wrote:
> Now I'm getting purple on the hobbit screen.  I have typed the command
> ~/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "drop HOSTNAME conn" where HOSTNAME was the
> actual name of the host I wanted to drop the conn test for.  The command
> completes without any feedback.  When I look in the hobbitd.log I see
> the following:
> 2006-05-24 11:33:06 Refused message from 127.0.0.1: drop HOSTNAME conn
> (where HOSTNAME) is the actual name of the host)

You must be running hobbitd with the "--admin-senders" option set to
something other than the default. This option restricts the IP-adresses
that the Hobbit server allows to send it administrative commands such as
the "drop" command; the default is to allow these only from the loopback
address (127.0.0.1) and the Hobbit server itself.

Check the "--admin-senders" option in ~hobbit/server/etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg,
and make sure you send the command from one of the hosts listed in that
option.