system log and application log monitoring

Olivier Beau olivier at qalpit.com
Sun May 21 19:29:49 CEST 2006

Hi,

Up to now i didnt have time to look at hobbit "non-stable";
I started playing with "msgs" log reporting..
henrik's work is remarkable :)

(this might have already been discussed on the list)

as for me ,system log monitoring should be a default,
which is not the case for my network...

well.. i was glad to find OS log files definitions in client-local.cfg
Could there be basic OS pattern definitions in hobbit-client.cfg's DEFAULT ?

next step: application log monitoring
let's say i have 100 servers (differents OS of course) running mysql, and i want
to follow "ended" in /var/log/mysqld.log
->setting up 100 entries in client-local.cfg doesn't seem great, could there be
some kind of grouping in client-local.cfg (PAGE actually..) ? (i guess this
would required to processing client-local.cfg before transferring to the clients..)

Olivier

--
Olivier Beau