multiple network testers

Peter Welter peter.welter at gmail.com
Sun May 21 08:26:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

Currently I find it difficult to solve the problem that I have with
one Hobbit-Server (HS) that tests my entire network, but... there are
some firewall setups that prevent me from testing the ssh- or
oratns-specific stuff.

I do have Another Host (let's say AH; now just running  a Hobbit
client) that can run the ssh and oratns test.

Is it possbile to have this host, AH, test these specific ssh- and
oratns-tests and put the result back to my one and only Hobbit server
so it show up on one display?

Thanks,

Peter
>From a previous post from Henrik:

Setup an extra server to do half the network tests, and configure your
bb-hosts file
with "NET:net-a" and "NET:net-b" tags on the hosts. Then you
set BBLOCATION="net-a" on one box, and "BBLOCATION=net-b" on the
other. Then they'll only test those hosts where the NET:...
setting matches.