Possible bugs

Kolbjørn Barmen kolbjorn.barmen at uninett.no
Sat May 6 22:24:35 CEST 2006

I have a handfull of issues (IT jargon for "problems") with Hobbit that
I'm not sure whether are bugs or just misconfigurations on my part:

* Menu: Administration -> Find
  No matter what host I search for, the resulting page claims the machine
  location is "Top page" - I wonder, could this be so because I use alternate
  pages for all hosts?

* The Help-menu assumes that hobbit-URL is /hobbit, which is not the case
  for me at least, so I put an alias for /hobbit/ in my apache config.

* Missing manpages:
  /hobbit/help/manpages/man1/hobbit-confreport.cgi.1.html
  /hobbit/help/manpages/man1/hobbit-statusreport.cgi.1.html
  /hobbit/help/manpages/man1/hobbit-ackinfo.cgi.1.html
  /hobbit/help/manpages/man1/hobbit-nkview.cgi.1.html
  /hobbit/help/manpages/man1/hobbit-nkedit.cgi.8.html
  (the latter should probably be in man8 anyhow, I guess)

* I'm probably stupid or lazy, but I cant make any sense of the NK
  editor, nothing happens when I try to use it, and the man pages are
  missing. My /etc/hobbit/hobbit-nkview.cfg exists and is writeable for
  the webserver, the search button gives no results, and the apache log
  doesnt say much either. Any tip?

--
Kolbjørn Barmen
UNINETT Driftsenter