[hobbit] fping tuning

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue May 2 14:34:56 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 10:00:25AM +0200, Fr?d?ric Mangeant wrote:
> many thanks for writing hobbitping ! It works fine on my test system
> (Gentoo Linux x86, glibc 2.3.6, GCC 3.4.6).
>
> Is it / will it be possible to run it on top of a 4.1.2p1 installation ?

Shouldn't be a problem, since it's a very simple stand-alone tool.
Just build it - you've already done that - and copy over the hobbitping
binary to your 4.1.2 installation. Then change the FPING setting in
hobbitserver.cfg to run hobbitping instead of fping.

Make sure you have hobbitping installed suid-root.