[hobbit] hobbitd_client crashed

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Mar 30 00:11:39 CEST 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 04:36:36PM -0500, Gary B. wrote:
> For the past couple days, my hobbit server has been showing the
> "hobbitd_client" process as purple.  The error message it shows is:
>
> "red - Program crashed
>
> Fatal signal caught!"

This means hobbitd_client has crashed once. Since it's purple now, and
not red, it isn't crashing all the time.

This is really just to nag you so you'll report this as a bug. If you'd
care to help, look at the "Reporting bugs" par of the "Help->Known Bugs"
page, and send me the gdb output and the version of Hobbit you're using.

> I restarted the hobbit client and server on the hobbit server without any
> luck.  I looked on another hobbit server I have access to, and it doesn't
> show the "hobbitd_client" process.  Also, this only shows up on the server,
> and none of the clients that I'm monitoring.

You can drop the hobbitd_client column with
   bb 127.0.0.1 "drop YOUR.HOBBIT.SERVER hobbitd_client"