FW: [hobbit] CUSTOM RRD DATA VIA SCRIPTS

Gada, Subhash subhash.gada at logicacmg.com
Tue Mar 14 07:49:19 CET 2006

Hi,

May be I need to put this more clearly.

Few custom test are running on the host side on windows systems which
measures print queue length of the print server.

Hobbit is receiving data in the following format from the host systems.

>From Server 1

3/13/2006 Total queued jobs: 0
PRN324:0
PRN323:0
PRN142:0
PRN141:0
PRN140:0
PRN139:0
PRN138:0

>From server 2

3/13/2006 Total queued jobs: 0
PRN327:0
PRN203:0
PRN202:0

Initially I could thought of the following script to create rrd file but
if I use this script the data existing in all the rrd files of different
host is similar as am using the NAMES PRN327, PRN203, PRN202 to capture
the values (different hosts has different names). The length of the
NAMES are also not consistent across the hosts i.e. for server1   7
name:value are sent to hobbit  & for server 2 only 3 name:value

How can I make the script dynamic ?

#!/bin/sh

# Input parameters: Hostname, testname (column), and messagefile
HOSTNAME="$1"
TESTNAME="$2"
FNAME="$3"

if [ "$TESTNAME" = "printq" ]
then

p1=`grep "^PRN327:" $FNAME | awk '{print $2}'`
p2=`grep "^PRN203:" $FNAME | awk '{print $2}'`
p3=`grep "^PRN202:" $FNAME | awk '{print $2}'`

# The RRD dataset definitions
echo "DS:p1:GAUGE:600:0:U"
echo "DS:p2:GAUGE:600:0:U"
echo "DS:p3:GAUGE:600:0:U"

# The filename
echo "printq.rrd"

# The data
        echo "$p1:$p2:$p3"
        fi
       exit 0

And how can I make the configuration even dynamic in the hobbitgraph.cfg

[printq]
        TITLE Print Queue Status
        YAXIS Print Queue Length
        DEF:p1=printq.rrd:PRN327:AVERAGE
        DEF:p2=printq.rrd:PRN203:AVERAGE
        DEF:p3=printq.rrd:PRN202:AVERAGE
        AREA:p1#00FF00:        PRN 327
        GPRINT:p1:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
        GPRINT:p1:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
        GPRINT:p1:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
        GPRINT:p1:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n
        AREA:p2#FF0000:        PRN 230
        GPRINT:p2:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
        GPRINT:p2:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
        GPRINT:p2:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
        GPRINT:p2:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n
        AREA:p3#0000FF:        PRN 202
        GPRINT:p3:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
        GPRINT:p3:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
        GPRINT:p3:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
        GPRINT:p3:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

Please let me know, if more information is required.

Regards
Subhash