[hobbit] network configuration

Rob Munsch rmunsch at solutionsforprogress.com
Thu Mar 9 21:59:03 CET 2006

I'll take a stab at this...
You have some clients in the DMZ, and the hobbit server is on the
internal network, yes?

The DMZ must be on a specific subnet(s), so why couldn't the firewall be
set to forward 1984 to your server from that subnet only?   Instead of
client -> server of
<anything> -> 1984 -> hobbit server,
then if frex your DMZ is 10.0.0.0/8, something like
10.0.0.0/8 -> 1984 -> hobbit server.

HTH, unless i've badly misunderstood the issue.

--
Rob Munsch
Solutions For Progress IT