running hobbit on jetty

papo at dcentral.net papo at dcentral.net
Thu Mar 9 03:21:58 CET 2006

>Hmm, I guess that just shows I didn't really understand what CGI
>variables are standard and which aren't. After googl'ing a bit, I
>think this might be a reasonable thing to do as SCRIPT_NAME appears to
>be more standardized (it's defined in the original CGI specification
>from the oooooold NCSA http server).

It's funny, when I started looking at the log to figure out why the CGI's
were failing it seems that , Jetty does keep the REQUEST_URI internally,
but the CGI servlet does not pass the variable to the CGI.  (Servlet gap?
, I've not checked the servlet code...).

I was not expecting this to be changed.  I just wanted to point it
out in case somebody else is interested in running Hobbit in Jetty
instead of Apache.

I think that other changes that I might do could be considered
site dependent customization, but I'll be happy to share them as
soon as I'm done.    I'm still doing due dilligence on how I want to
modify hobbit to be able to monitor a specific application.

I'll keep you posted.  :)

Regards,

Luis