[hobbit] Installing Hobbit in Jetty

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Mar 8 15:47:48 CET 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 09:23:13AM -0500, papo at dcentral.net wrote:

> I wanted to leverage the use of XUL in conjunction with hobbit, and I
> managed to get Hobbit installed and running using Jetty as my HTML engine.
> There were some changes I had to do in the code to get it going, namely
> changing all the instances from REQUESTED_URI to SCRIPT_NAME in the CGI's
> and Web Forms, but other than that I got it up and running out of the box.

Hmm, I guess that just shows I didn't really understand what CGI
variables are standard and which aren't. After googl'ing a bit, I
think this might be a reasonable thing to do as SCRIPT_NAME appears to
be more standardized (it's defined in the original CGI specification
from the oooooold NCSA http server).

That's a fairly trivial search-and-replace that I can do myself. If
you needed to do any other changes, let me know. Although I am quite
happy with the Apache webserver, there is no point in being
in-compatible just because it's easiest.