[hobbit] Suggestion re: bb extensions

Dave Overton dave at syix.com
Fri Jun 30 18:56:35 CEST 2006

> In most cases it shouldn't be needed. The common construct
> I've seen in BB extension scripts goes like
>
>    if test "$BBTMP" = ""
>    then
>        . $BBHOME/etc/bbdef.sh
>    fi
>
> and since BBTMP (and the other BB* environment variables)

A quick random check on Deadcat, I see just this:

if test ! "${BBTMP}"                      # GET DEFINITIONS IF NEEDED
then
         # echo "*** LOADING BBDEF ***"
        . ${BBHOME}/etc/bbdef.sh          # INCLUDE STANDARD DEFINITIONS
Fi

Always loading "bbdef.sh" seems to be the norm, perhaps I just pick the
wrong scripts.  The empty bbdef.sh would do the trick too though. Either way
is good for me, I know how to fix it, just was thinking of future users,
some bb extensions just don't "work" out of the box as I am sure you
originally intended.