[hobbit] Couple possible enhancement requests?

David Gore David.Gore at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Jun 29 18:28:58 CEST 2006

We have had several complete failures of the hobbit client when it hangs
trying to look at remote file systems.  Do you think the -l option
should be the default?  We typically do not care about NFS mounted or
NIS mounted file systems although others may.  Of course when Hobbit
hangs ALL the tests go purple and you are unaware when it happens in the
middle of the night.

 From the Solaris man page:

     -l    Report on local file systems only. This option is used
           only  for mounted file systems. It cannot be used with
           the -o option.

I was also wondering if 'bbcmd' could be upgraded to accommodate
different home directories?  It appears to use the home directory that
you compiled it with which works most of the time except when you copy
bbcmd to a client host with a different home directory.

nmsbb at thisHost:/var/home/nmsbb/client> bin/bbcmd perl ext/bb-se.pl
2006-06-29 16:27:37 Using default environment file
/export/home/nmsbb/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
2006-06-29 16:27:37 Cannot open env file
/export/home/nmsbb/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg - No such file or directory

--
David Gore (v965-3670)
Enhanced Technology Support (ETS)