Hobbit client 4.2 running in local mode - FILE, LOG and DIR tests

Frédéric Mangeant frederic.mangeant at steria.com
Tue Jun 27 15:30:41 CEST 2006

Hi again

I'm using a Hobbit 4.2 client (from latest snapshot) with the "--local"
flag in ~client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg

Here's my ~client/etc/localclient.cfg :

DEFAULT
        UP      1h
        LOAD    5.0 10.0
        DISK    * 90 95
        MEMPHYS 100 101
        MEMSWAP 50 80
        MEMACT  90 97
        CLOCK   3600
        PROC    snmpd 1 1 yellow
        PROC    /usr/sbin/apache2 10 50 red
        PORT    "LOCAL=%([.:]80)$" state=LISTEN TEXT=HTTP
        PORT    "LOCAL=%([.:]22)$" state=ESTABLISHED max=20 color=yellow
TRACK=ssh "TEXT=SSH logins"
        DIR     /home/hobbituser red SIZE<10000
        FILE    /var/log/apache2/access_log red SIZE<100M
        LOG     /var/log/apache2/error_log WARNING COLOR=yellow

Everything works but the FILE, DIR and LOG tests. I get "The client did
not report any logfile data" and "No files checked".

I saw that commentary :

#NB: The directories you wish to monitor must be listed in a "dir:..."
#             entry in the client-local.cfg file, in order for the client to
#             report any data about them.

As I understand, a client in local mode sends directy its statuses to
the Hobbit server, but it seems that some configuration has still to be
made on the server...

Henrik, could you change this behaviour, so that a client in local mode
doesn't need configuration on the server ?
I'd really appreciate, as it will allow us to upgrade from Big Brother
Unix client to Hobbit client.

Another thing, I keep getting every 5 minutes this error message in
~client/logs/hobbitclient.log :

2006-06-27 15:20:08 Failed to get a message, terminating

And the clientupdate command doesn't return anything :

$ ~client/bin/clientupdate --level

$

Thanks !

--