[hobbit] msgs

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jun 26 15:29:48 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 01:19:10PM +0000, Sigur?ur Bjarnason wrote:

> I have two clients monitoring files, in the client-local.cfg file I have
>
> [linux]
> log:/var/log/messages:10240
> log:/var/log/bull/bull.log:10240
> file:/var/log/messages:md5

[snip]

> Everything is working fine for the cc-1 host, and the msgs tab shows
> everything ok.. ..however ! the msgs tab for jabber-1 complains that it cant
> find the bull.log..  but I am not monitoring that file for that host !?..

"log" entries in client-local.cfg refer to logfiles which must exist.
If they are missing, then You will get warnings like the one you see.

The solution is to configure the logfiles correctly. So in your
client-local.cfg you should have a separate section for the "unusual"
host, cc-1:

[linux]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
file:/var/log/messages:md5

[cc-1]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
log:/var/log/bull/bull.log:10240
file:/var/log/messages:md5

There was a suggestion the other day that it would be nice to have
logfiles which were "optional" - this would let you keep your current
client-local.cfg setup. I plan to release this shortly.