[hobbit] bbproxy to hobbit server

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jun 20 23:52:39 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 12:14:57PM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> Our network setup in a way that ecery client needs to be in the Firewall ACL
> to be allowed to talk to hobbit server on port 1984. Now if I use a bbproxy
> which IP the hobbit server sees? The hobbit clients' IPs or just the bbproxy
> server's IP?

The hobbit server will see all connections as coming from the bbproxy
server's IP.

> clients --> bbproxy server --> hobbit server

An accurate depiction of the connections.

As a side note, even though the Hobbit server sees connections as coming
from the bbproxy server, the data sent by the proxy server includes the
original IP of the client which originated the message. So even though
data is passing through the proxy, status messages will still show the
real IP in the "Status message received from ..." line.