[hobbit] New install - Which version to get ?

Kauffman, Tom KauffmanT at nibco.com
Tue Jun 20 15:17:53 CEST 2006

For what it's worth, I've got the bb-sar module collecting data and have
just managed to hack the sar-grapher.cgi to kinda generate graphs. My
thanks to Alon Ofek for his detailed message on 24 Nov 2005 on getting
the collection to work -- but he left the graphing side just a bit less
well covered.

Having said the above -- this is fugly!

If I get some time, I'll be converting the collecting side to the hobbit
philosophy of os-neutral data in one sar rrd and move the graphing into
hobbitgraph.

I needed this because we've had a critical system crash 4 times since
last November on an error 23 -- too many files open in system. As near
as IBM can tell, the real problem was inode cache depletion, so I'm
graphing the inode data.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc