[hobbit] enable/disable

Torsten Richter bb4 at richter-it.net
Mon Jun 19 21:56:23 CEST 2006

Hi Henrik,

it is not that easy.
What we have is a DMZ for our customers servers with Hobbit as the main
monitoring system.
All of these servers also send their BB data (since they are running the
BB client) also to our internal monitoring server which is a BB where
our internal systems are monitored too.

So our admins use the bb-servmaint.sh from deadcat.net to enable/disable
servers and services on our internal monitor but often forget about the
Hobbit. But I think it would make no difference if we used maint.pl.

So what I want achieve is that if someone disables or enables a service
or server on our internal monitor with the web interface and this server
is one of our customers server then a message should be send to Hobbit
too.

And I was thinking about doing this via the URL I wrote in my original
mail and passing some parameters along with it.

So basically we have a BB server for ALL servers and a Hobbit as a
satellite system for our customer.

Regards
Torsten

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 06:33:41PM +0200, Torsten Richter wrote:
>> at the moment we use BB as our primary server and we use Hobbit too but
>> only as a display server for our customer.
>>
>> So if we disable a service or machine on BB the customer still sees the
>> red,yellow or purple dots.
>
> Just make sure you send the "disable" message to both the BB and the
> Hobbit server. How you do that depends on the tool you use for disable
> and enable, but if they use the normal "bb" tool to send a message to
> the server, then setting BBDISP=0.0.0.0 and BBDISPLAYS="10.0.0.1
> 10.0.0.2" should do it (adjust your ip's as necessary).
>

> Henrik

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

- --
| Richter IT-Consulting					  |
| E-mail  : bb4 [at] richter-it.net			  |
| Homepage: http://www.richter-it.net/			  |
Download my public key from:
http://www.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x899093AC