[hobbit] TIME alert problems (still)

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jun 19 12:42:58 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 10:38:17AM +0100, Mike Rowell wrote:
> Henrik,
>
> On 137 and 139 we have the catch alls for sysalert and support (support
> is our red address and sysalert is where we send both to).

Well, those catch-all rules are what triggers the alerts you don't want.
They probably have a "UNMATCHED" setting ? But that will also cause
them to be applied when the rules above them are skipped due to time-
constraints.

In other words, if you have a setup like

  HOST=myhost TEST=mytest
      MAIL dayshift at foo.com TIME=W:0800:1700

  HOST=*
      MAIL support at foo.com UNMATCHED

then "support at foo.com" will get all myhost.mytest alerts
that happen outside the weekdays-0800-1700 time window.