failover feature?

J Sloan joe at tmsusa.com
Sun Jun 11 05:41:30 CEST 2006

One of the things we really make use of in our current bb setup is the
failover capability, which has been quite useful on more than one occasion.

We have 2 geographically separate data centers which are connected via a fat
pipe, and we do redundant monitoring of each data centers via bb servers from
each data center. The bb servers in data center 1 normally does all the
alerting, but in case the bb servers in data center 2 can't reach the bb
servers in data center 1 (for instance in case of wan outage) the bb servers
in data center 2 fail over and take on all the alerting duties. If and when
the bb servers in data center 1 become reachable again, the bb servers in data
center 1 revert to the normal non-alerting state.

I looked through the hobbit configs but don't see that failover functionality.
Is that something envisioned for a future release, or is there simply a
different approach to that problem in hobbit as compared to bb?