Alternate Pagesets

Ted M Harapat ted at mob.net
Wed Jun 7 22:45:38 CEST 2006

Hi. I'm trying to setup a Hobbit configuration so that I can monitor
groups of servers for my clients and then give them access to a page with
just their own servers on them.

I've done this in the past and just password protected the specific
directory (page) that I didn't want anyone else to go to but now I want
the client who logs in to ONLY see their own data... as though it was
their own instance of Hobbit.

If I just use subpages it works okay except that the user can go ti
"Views" --> "Main View" an see every one else's information. So that won't
work for privacy reasons.

So I searched far and wide and found the topic of "Alternate Pagesets". I
set that up and it looked fine at first but didn't seem much different
than just subpages because they could still go to "Views" ---> "Main View"
and see everyone's information again. So that didn't do the trick.

My ultimate goal is to look like each client has their own hobbit setup
where the client can do Availability reports and look at the Non-Green
Views.

So my questions are:

1. Am I setting up Alternate Pagesets wrong? Can Alternate Pagesets do
what I want?

2. If not, then how can I achieve what I want without creating different
instances of Hobbit.

Thanks

-ted