[hobbit] Extra script not firing

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Jun 4 13:09:34 CEST 2006

On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 07:59:59PM -0500, Rich Smrcina wrote:
> It appears that after the 20060423 alfa (I'm currently running 20060601
> beta), that the extra script isn't firing.
>
> I noticed that a custom graph isn't being populated and in the course of
> debugging I just added an echo of some text into a file from the
> beginning of the script.  The file never appears.  This leads me to
> believe that the script is not being executed.

Check that you have both the --extra-script and --extra-tests option set
correctly. And also that you've set it up on the right hobbitd_rrd
instance in hobbitlaunch.cfg - there are two, one for "status" messages
and another for "data" messages.

I've just tried setting up such a script, and it runs the script just fine.
Which is as I would expect, since that part of the code hasn't been touched
for a very long time.