[hobbit] test/tests consolidaiotn

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Jun 4 08:20:53 CEST 2006

On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 05:20:39PM -0700, Mike Arnold wrote:
> Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 02:56:08PM -0700, Mike Arnold wrote:
> >> Are there any plans to consolidate the (for example) imap and imaps
> >> tests
> >> into one column like the http tests are?  This would lessen the clutter
> >> seem to have with all my tests.
> >
> > No definite plans, but it is probably one of the things that I'll
> > take a look at after the 4.2 release. I too have some systems with lots
> > of custom tests, and the displays do get very wide when all the columns
> > have to be shown.
> >
> > My idea currently is to keep individual statuses, but collapse some
> > of the columns into "super-columns" that expand when you click on them.
> > So you could e.g. have your pop3+pop3s+imap+imaps+smtp columns collapsed
> > into one "mail" column.
>
> In a similar vein, have you considered automaticlly running sslcert checks
> against services that reply with STARTLS?  Possibly an "options startls"
> in bb-services where if a banner replies with the STARTLS string, the cert
> is also checked?

Yes, the current network tester cannot handle that kind of dialogue
where you have to connect with a plain-text connection, issue a STARTLS
command, then switch to talking SSL. I hope to make the network tester
more advanced so it can do a real protocol exchange, also supporting the
STARTLS command.