[hobbit] Hobbit Ping

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jun 2 17:16:39 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 10:51:26AM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:

> I've been fighting a problem with false conn failures in 4.1.2p1 and I
> thought I'd try hobbitping to see if it helps.  I'm not completely sure
> that I actually switched from fping to hobbitping, though, because I'm
> still seeing fping-std*  files in server/tmp (as a result of "CMD
> bbtest-net --report --ping --checkresponse --debug" in
> hobbitlaunch.cfg.).  Is fping in the filenames coming from the fping
> program itself, or are the files named that way b/c hobbit still calls
> hobbitping 'fping' because of the variable setting in hobbitserver.cfg?

Those filenames are built into the bbtest-net utility. I've changed them
for the 4.2 version, but you're probably still running the 4.1.2p1
version of bbtest-net.

If you've changed the FPING setting in hobbitserver.cfg to "hobbitping"
then you are running hobbitping, not fping. Despite the filenames.