[hobbit] msgs clear

Dominique Frise Dominique.Frise at unil.ch
Thu Jun 1 17:26:43 CEST 2006

Iain Conochie wrote:
> Morning people,
>
>     Hopefully, this has not bee discussed on the list before, but here
> goes anyway...
>
> I have replaced my BB server with a hobbit server. Very nice drop in
> replacement :) I am still getting my head round the differences, but
> most issues I have had have been solved. Apart from..
>
> My server is called bb02.colt, running on linux. I have added this entry
> into the ~/server/etc/client-local.cfg
>
> [linux]
> log:/var/log/messages:10240
>
> ignore identification
> ignore modprobe
>
> trigger sudo
>
> and this entry into the ~/server/etc/hobbit-clients.cfg
>
>         LOG /var/log/messages kernel
>         LOG /var/adm/messages ERROR
>
> But I get no msgs status on the hobbit servers web pages e.g.
>

> System logs at Thu Jun 1 10:07:18 BST 2006 : No log data available
>
> The client did not report any logfile data
>
> Both the config files are owned by user hobbit.
>
> Can a knowledgable person point out where I may have gone wrong please :)
>
> Cheers

If you running the server's client check BBSERVEROS in
~/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg: this must match the [linux] tag in
~/server/etc/client-local.cfg

If your running a client, check the BBOSTYPE when starting it, for example:
"Hobbit client for linux started on zeb1". Again this must match the tag.

Also check what's in the ~/client/tmp/logfetch.HOSTNAME.{cfg|status}

Dominique
UNIL - University of Lausanne