[hobbit] Color question

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jul 21 22:20:55 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 03:03:25PM -0400, Jacobs, Eric (ThomasTech) wrote:
> If I set up an alert on CPU, say, that has COLOR=red,yellow and a
> DURATION>15m, and the cpu goes yellow for ten minutes and then red for ten
> minutes, will the notification get sent? Or does the cpu have to be either
> yellow or red for greater than 15 minutes to trigger an alert

Good question.

The answer is that the DURATION setting is measured as the time that the
status has been one color - so it has to be either yellow or red for more
than 15 minutes. If it switches color between red and yellow at
intervals shorter than 15 minutes, the alert will not trigger.

The reason why I wrote that this was a "good question" is because it
made me wonder if this is really how it *should* be. I am not sure what
the right answer to that question is.