[hobbit] bbfix functionality in hobbit

Gary B. gmbfly98 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 16:32:33 CEST 2006

> My personal opinion is that having Hobbit (or Big Brother) take action
> other than sending an alert goes beyond the scope of what it is intended
> for...as a monitoring system.  I had thought about the same thing at one
> point, but was talked out of it.

I would tend to agree myself, except 1) some people are asking about
such functionality, and 2) it would be nice during oncall weeks to not
have to get up and restart processes such as procallator, etc.

I would be interested in hearing what talked you out of this, however.
 If nothing else, I can use it to talk other people out of it ;-)