[hobbit] SSL test flapping after latest snapshot

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jul 20 23:16:38 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 09:46:12AM -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
> I upgraded a rather old hobbit install that I have (I don't remember
> what version, it was an early beta), and afterwards an HTTPS test I had
> against a host started flapping (see attached screenshot).  Is there a
> recommended way for me to diagnose this problem?

What kind of error does it report for the failed tests ?

If you login as the hobbit user and run

   bbcmd bbtest-net --debug HOSTNAME

where HOSTNAME is the name of the flapping host, then it will dump
a lot of info about how it connects to the host and what happens during
the test. Comparing these for a failing and a succesful test could give
a clue about what happens.

The odd thing is that it's flapping like that. I could understand if it
would completely fail; I've seen that happen with a few SSL
implementations I test where upgrading the OpenSSL library caused it.