[hobbit] Feature request: Remove a purple host hobbit server webpage

ZanDAhaR allan at zandahar.net
Tue Jul 18 03:03:57 CEST 2006

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 08:25:10AM -0500, T.J. Yang wrote:
>
>> My current bb server administration require using many bb commands to
>> cleanup a retired host.
>> I hope hobbit server can enable same kind of removal from web gui.
>>

> Shouldn't be difficult, but right now you need to do two things:
>
> 1) Remove the host from the bb-hosts file.
> 2) Run the command
>         bb 127.0.0.1 "drop HOSTNAME"
>
> If you only want to remove a test that is purple because you've stopped
> testing it, then
>     bb 127.0.0.1 "drop HOSTNAME TESTNAME"
> will do it.
>
> Regards,
> Henrik

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

This would be a really good additional to the WEB UI to try and get as
much as possible away from accessing the server via ssh or similar.
There is already an Edit Hosts component that I know of but is there an
edit alerts one as well ? If not perhaps this can be another addition
for editing things through the UI.

Also another thing someone suggested to me yesterday with regards to the
'critical systems' piece thats now in there, it would be good if
possible to have a button on each page for each service that says 'add
this test to critical systems' which is nice and lazy but hey just
passing on some info that someone said to me :)

Cheers

Allan